Friday, July 16, 2010

OPI La Paz-itively Hot - Matte

Thanks to all those lovely bloggers who gave me advice yesterday after my little panic. You are all amazing people. That's one of the things I like about blogging - you get to meet such nice amazing people, who care about you and are willing to share their knowledge and time :)

I waited quite a while before jumping on the OPI Matte band wagon. I had not heard many good things about this collection, so instead I focused my interests on the Suede collection instead.

I finally did get a polish from this Matte collection and I am glad that I did.

OPI La Paz-itively Hot - Matte - sunshine

I actually quite like this. This was two coats and the coverage was good. When it is wet is still looks slightly glossy, but you can see it turning matte as it dries. It is smooth and nice to have something different for a change.

OPI La Paz-itively Hot - Matte with Top Coat - sunshine

But this is when this polish really got my attention. I added a layer of OPI Top Coat and this polish is transformed to an amazing bright pink polish with an amazing blue shimmer. This is great. I love it and will be bringing it out to wear lots this summer.

Click on the picture to enlarge it and you should be able to see the blue shimmer working its magic here.

What are your feelings on the Matte collection? or Matte in general? Do you know if any of the other ones turn to amazing shimmer with a top coat?



Lots of Love
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. La Paz-itively Hot is the only Matte I got from this collection. It sits untried in my stash, but i really like how it looks on you. I have a few Zoya and Nubar Mattes too, but to be honest, I bought them with intention to use them with a shiny top coat, they all have a great shimmer, just like La Paz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree - all my suedes are still used with top coats on them, I like how they shimmer and look glittery with a top coat - and I will always go for glitter and shimmer over anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute matte. I actually think I like it better without a shiny TC. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the matte look with shimmery/glittery polishes, but think I prefer a matte top coat. I like the endless options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just waiting to earn some money and then I'm going to invest in china glazes magic matte and the holographic top coat they have :)
    You right Lani they do provide so many more combinations

    ReplyDelete