Saturday, October 23, 2010

OPI Spring 2011 Texas Collection

OPI has finally realized that releasing images of their upcoming collections and information about them in advance is a better idea than trying to gag anyone who talks about them on the internet before their release date (like they did with the Burlesque collection).

This week pictures were released of the upcoming 2011 Spring collection based on and named after the American state of Texas. It seems a bit odd to base a collection on one American state when there are so many countries and places that don't have collections yet (they could do an awesome New Zealand collection based on our green trees, blue sky and black sand beaches - I want to be acknowledged if you do use this idea though OPI).

The last few days OPI on Facebook released swatches of the polishes from this collection. If your not already a follower of OPI on Facebook I suggest checking it out now that they are using it to inform customers of what they are actually up to. (http://www.facebook.com/#!/OPIProducts)


  • Don’t Mess With OPI - A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green
  • Austin-Tatious Turquoise – Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green
  • It’s Totally Fort-Worth It – A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you
  • Do You Think I’m Tex-y? A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia
  • Big Hair…Big Nails – A rosy pageant peach
  • I Vant To Be A-Lone Star – You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue
  • Houston We Have A Purple – A galactic red-violet that’s ready to “rocket-roll”!
  • Suzi Loves Cowboys – But she loves this campfire chocolate shade s’more!
  • San Tan-tonio – A “honey” of a ten-gallon tan!
  • Too Hot Pink To Hold ‘Em – A red-hot pink-red that deals a winning hand
  • Guy Meets Gal-veston – An “engaging” coastal coral. A very orange pink
  • Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? – This Texas tangerine will be waitin’ for ya!
I am kind of glad to say that I am actually underwhelmed by this collection. There appears to be only one shimmer and a great deal of reds and brown colours. This is definitely good for my bank balance after the amazingness of the Burlesque collection (which I am still waiting for in the mail to arrive). I think that OPI came up with great names for these polishes but that is about it.

What are your opinions on this collection? Yay or Nay? and how do you feel about a collection based on one state?

Lots of Love
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I too am very underwelmed! Won't be getting any. OPI seems to be running out of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might get one or two. But overall it is very boring. Which is good for my wallet.

    Well... I'm not a big fan of Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see swatches to see if I want any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The names are extremely cute, but I think I'll pass on the polishes themselves. Maybe....lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not that excited, although I do want a nice grey and haven't got one yet so I might check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Texas so I just HAD to! Plus I'm in England so I got "It's Totally Fort Worth It"- how could I not? A little piece of home :)

    ReplyDelete