Thursday, October 28, 2010

OPI Show it and Glow it! + comparison

I love glitter - I also love Fuchsia Polishes so OPI Show it and Glow it was something I was really looking forward to.

Here it is in a bunch of different lights (click the picture to get a bigger picture to see the detail)

OPI Show It and Glow It! - sunshine

OPI Show It and Glow It! - outside shade

OPI Show It and Glow It! - inside

Show it and glow it is a pink fuchsia glitter in a clear base, with extra silver and blue glitter. These photos are all 3 coats. I like that these polishes only need three coats to be completely opaque. Again it is a pain to take off - but after staring at your fingers all day long you wont want to. These sparkle best in the sun, but are pretty all day long. I love this glitter collection by OPI.

Sitting on my desk with my untrieds and polishes I'm working on was Sephora by OPI It's Bouquet with me (this was one of the polishes my mum bought back from America for me :)). Looks kind of similar huh?......

OPI Show It and Glow It! and Sephora by OPI It's Bouquet with me.


Both polishes are three coats in this picture. They are not dupes. They are both in clear bases but the glitter in It's Bouquet with me is much sparser and the glitter is different sizes, unlike Show it and Glow it! which is all one size. Show it and Glow it also has more colours and depth to it. I think It's Bouquet with me is more of a top coat than a stand alone polish, due to the sparseness of the glitter, which doesn't give an opaque coverage. To be honest Show it and Glow it is my favourite, and it is more versatile, as it can be used alone or as a top coat.

Lots of Love
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you! And I really prefer Show it and Glow it... I think there is something special about this glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree and for the same reasons. I would rather have a glitter top coat than have a more opaque glitter, because the top coat is more versatile and the more opaque is a pain in the butt to remove!

    But I also have to tell you that first picture you took of the OPI is magical. I saw it and said to myself, I need this one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need, need, need this! Love!

    ReplyDelete