Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make Up Store Madeleine

Holo alert!

I bought this polish when I was in Melbourne last month. This is the only one I bought because damn they are expensive. This was AU$26 for only 8ml of polish! that means for a standard size 15mls of this you are looking at around AU$50!!!! which is almost NZ$70!!!

These polishes have been talked about a lot on Make Up Alley lately - actually just after I came back from Melbourne. I had never heard of the Make Up Store brand before (as it is not in New Zealand) so I am glad that I bought this one, and came home to see that so many people were lemming these holo polishes.

Make Up Store Madeleine - Sunshine

As you can see this is a linear holographic polish. The rainbows are long and formed as opposed to scattered all over the place. This is three coats, and it definitely needs it. It is quite sheer and uneven. Dry time was standard and the brush was great and made it easy to apply. My biggest problem with this polish is that the holo only really shows up in the sun. In the shade it looks like a slightly odd metallic foil.

Make Up Store Madeleine - Shade

All up it is an ok polish. I think the hype surrounding these make up stores in around the fact that they are linear holos and these are few and far between. China Glazes OMG polishes are also linear holographics but are very hard to find and are starting to get rather expensive now.
The price is a major turn off for this polish for me. Luckily for my wallet there are no Make Up Store retailers in New Zealand so I don't have to worry about being tempted to buy any more of these.

Lots of Love
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. That is CRAZY expensive! :o It is pretty, but good grief. I don't think I'd pay that much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's incredibly expensive but it is soooo pretty : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sun shine" is really quite amazing looking.

    ReplyDelete