Monday, November 18, 2013

Formula X For Sephora - The Brilliants

Formula X for Sephora was just being released while I was on holiday in Hawaii in October. This is a huge collection, with some awesome looking polishes. It was hard to limit myself to the 14 I did buy.

The Brilliants is a mini set, within the brand.  The brilliants are "A dazzling and vibrant glitter lacquer with intense sparkle".  The set contains 5 polishes, a silver, a black, a pink, a periwinkle and a yellow.  I only purchased 2 of these, but wish I had got all of them now.

First up is the light pink polish in this collection,  Fine Like Einstein.

Formula X for Sephora - Fine Like Einstein

Formula X for Sephora - Fine Like Einstein - White Light

Formula X for Sephora - Fine Like Einstein - Sunshine

Formula X for Sephora - Fine Like Einstein - Shade

This is three coats of Fine Like Einstein. It is a super fine holographic pink glitter in a clear base.  I love how much these polishes sparkle, even when not in the sun. It is very dense glitter so actually gives full coverage in two thick coats and dries super fast.  The above swatches are all with a coat of Gelous and Seche Vite over the top.  The top coats help to smooth the glitter out to the touch.  Removal was not easy and required cotton soaked in acetone left on the nails for a couple of minutes to make removal easier.

The second polish I got from this set of 5 is Light Me Up Edison.


Formula X for Sephora - Light Me Up Edison - Shade

Formula X for Sephora - Light Me Up Edison - Sunshine

Formula X for Sephora - Light Me Up Edison - White Light

I love this. It is yellow and not gold and I think that makes it unique in my collection (it is much harder to find yellow glitter than gold glitter polishes).  This is three coats and then a coat of Gelous and Seche Vite. Its sparkles soooo much.  Dry time was super quick and wear time was great.  

Lots of Love
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment